The ability to ‘wish’ has equipped us with a most powerful capability but this process is best channeled by what is called Thoughtful Wishing. With this we can create visions.
Step 1: Begin with a bold vision – One Year down the road.
- “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live”! – Bob Marley
Step 2: Set your goals – 100 days away, defined and measurable.
“If you have a goal, write it down. If you do not write it down, you do not have a goal – you have a wish.” – Steve Maraboli
- “It is for us to pray not for tasks equal to our powers, but for powers equal to our tasks, to go forward with a great desire forever beating at the door of our hearts as we travel toward our distant goal”. – Helen Keller
Step 3: Make your plans – One month at a time in as much details as possible.
- “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success”. – Pablo Picasso
Step 4: Make the best decisions – each day based on all spiritual, mental and empirical information.
- “Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen”. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
If this is not what you are doing, then we call it wishful thinking.
- “Stop the habit of wishful thinking and start the habit of thoughtful wishes”. – Mary Martin