by Leahcim Semaj
Asante Adonai mean “Thanks be to God”. We are the Home of Jahmganic Farming. Here we are guided by Spiritual Principles, we use traditional Jamaican farming practices and respect the organic farming system.
The Spiritual Principle:
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children
(Lakota – Native American Indian Proverb)
Rain Water Harvesting, Chop & Drop for mulching, Grassing for weed control,
Intercropping for Pest Control, Allowing a field to rest/lie fallow to restore soil health,
The Organic System Practices
Composting to improve soil health, No Burning for land clearing, Organic Pest Control methods,
Crop Rotation, Use of Green Manures to restore soil health,
Use of renewable energy: Solar and Wind
Why Eat Jahmganic?
“If you do just one thing – make one conscious choice – that can change the world, go organic…. No other single choice you can make to improve the health of your family and the planet will have greater positive repercussions for our future”.
- Maria Rodale, CEO of the Rodale Inc. publishing empire, (Men’s Health, Prevention, Runners World), author of the aptly named Organic Manifesto: How Organic Food Can Heal Our Planet, Feed the World and Keep Us Safe
Some Dangerous Beliefs:
- If no one sees you eat it, it has no calories.
- If you drink a diet soda with a candy bar, they cancel each other out.
- When eating with someone else, calories don’t count if you both eat the same amount.
- Foods used for medicinal purposes have no calories. This includes any chocolate used for energy, brandy, Sara Lee Cheesecake (eaten whole), and Haagen-Daz Ice Cream.
- Cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of breakage causes calorie leakage.
- If you eat the food off someone else’s plate, it doesn’t count.
- If you eat standing up the calories all go to your feet and get walked off.
- Food eaten at Christmas parties has no calories, courtesy of Santa.
- It is safe to eat food that falls on the ground if you pick it up within 10 seconds. Germs move very slow.
To be continued…